Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kindergarten Curriculum

I am planning to continue using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons as our reading curriculum; however, I read an interesting article recently that has made me re-evaluate if I should be concerned with teaching Asher to read right now.

I am considering using Math U See: Primer as our math curriculum for the year.  I'd love feedback if any of you have used it.  Did you like it?  Was the Primer a good entry-level math?   I tried using the Bob Jones K-5 math last year with Asher, but it is specifically written for use in a classroom and was not an effective choice for home schooling.  I am so glad we had a free copy of it since my husband was the illustrator - no money down the toilet on that choice. 

We received Asher's Unit 1 Reading List for Faith Academy.  From September - November we will be working our way through these books (all of them can be found at your local library or on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment